Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Central Wisconsin: Program Coordinator
Position Purpose: The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing comprehensive enrollment and matching support to potential and current volunteers, youth, parent/guardians, and key collaborators in support of achieving organization goals and in alignment with the BBBS Standards of Practice and Service Delivery Model. This position delivers high-level customer service and professional support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of match members. As a member of the BBBS Team, this position is also responsible for supporting and directly contributing to the organization’s growth and culture of collaborative leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive oversight of the enrollment of volunteers and children to ensure fit and highest quality match opportunities in alignment with organization’s mission and goals.
- Provide comprehensive support and professional coaching to volunteers, children, parents, and other key stakeholders involved in a match relationship to ensure the ongoing safety and success of that match.
- Develop and implement meaningful match engagement activities.
- Provide cross-over support to other program departments as available and based on the time of year to ensure a balanced organizational caseload.
- Play an active role in cultivating relationships for the organization and other duties as assigned to support the growth and functioning of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required in human services, social work, psychology, education, or a related field.
- Three years’ experience in case-management or human services field required; five + years OR three years’ experience with an advanced degree preferred.
Critical Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills required.
- Excellent ability to form and maintain quality relationships with volunteers, donors, staff, and board.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must work with a high degree of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel in alignment with daily responsibilities.
- Ability to identify, develop and utilize available community services and resources to benefit staff and agency.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other staff in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to relate well in multi-cultural environments.
The compensation for this Full-Time position is competitive pay commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vacation, holidays, wellness days, 403b retirement account and an Employee Assistance Plan.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
How to apply:
Kathryn Johann, Program Manager, Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Central Wisconsin, 1331 American Drive, Neenah, WI 54659
Application deadline: March 26, 2021