We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions.
Consider joining our team on staff today.
Have questions? Call (920) 235-8560 or email email@example.com
COMMUNITY IMPACT MANAGER
Full-time Exempt Position
Reports to the CEO
Oshkosh Area United Way’s role is to engage, unite, and mobilize our community resources to address root causes of the Oshkosh area’s pressing health and human service needs in three primary areas: Youth-Focused Education, Mental Health, and Financial Stability. Our goal is to engage communities to create lasting positive changes to community conditions. The Community Impact Manager will oversee data collection, monitor the effectiveness of agency programs/services and their ability to achieve outcomes, provide training and guidance to funded program staff, and participate in evaluating and tracking United Way’s investment in programs with community organizations. Utilizing investigative, organizational, and analytic skills, the Community Impact Manager will create and participate in initiatives that work toward strategic community collaborations. This role will work closely with community nonprofit organizations to assist in monitoring ongoing community needs and identifying existing gaps, potential opportunities, and system-level trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage United Way’s community investment process, e.g., update application and tracking documents, assist volunteers in conducting meetings with applicants, develop funding recommendation summaries for board approval, dashboard indicators, etc.
- Analyze and report on funded program outcome result data to be used for community investment decisions and reporting to the board and donors.
- Recommend and help implement periodic community needs assessments by reviewing data trends and surveys, conducting community conversations, and developing and prioritizing identified issues.
- Partner with agencies to provide support and training in the development of outcome-related topics and measures. Meet with funded partners on a periodic basis to discuss successes, challenges, and any special needs of their agencies.
- Utilize strong interpersonal and influence skills to manage and maintain relationships with local nonprofit organizations, coalitions, private sectors, and the public.
- Establish and maintain year-round relationships with key community members, ensuring their knowledge of United Way’s impact goals, developments, and achievements.
- Engage in opportunities to participate and represent United Way in community presentations, initiatives, and organizations that align with United Way’s impact goals, such as issue advisory boards, networks, and coalitions.
- Manage internal programs and initiatives, including but not limited to Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library and LIVE UNITED Community Vault collection drives.
- Assist with writing and submitting community grants.
- Support cross-departmental activities, including communications, social media, special events, fundraising, and outreach opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or experience relative to the position.
- Previous work experience in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience in executing presentations and training to groups of various sizes.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in working with data.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively across cultures, including historically marginalized/underrepresented communities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Independently enter and move within buildings.
Primary scheduled workdays are Monday – Friday with occasional evenings and weekend activities.
- Lift and move supplies and donations-approximately 25 pounds.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Most of the work will be performed at the Oshkosh Area United Way office, with some travel.
Oshkosh Area United Way is an equal-opportunity employer.
APPLY NOW: https://indeedhi.re/3u74QmN