Community Investment Grant Application
2024 Community Investment Grant Application Deadline is
Friday, June 30 at 11:55 P.M.
(If you want to apply for a program for the first time, make sure to contact us before Friday, June 2 to find out if you are eligible.)
United Way invests in high-quality programs designed to improve the health, education, and financial stability of residents in Oshkosh and the surrounding area.
Each year, the Community Investment Application is available to organizations* in the Oshkosh Area United Way’s service area that offer programming in the following focus areas:
- Mental Health: In the Oshkosh area, there is a need to support mental health that grows every day. We fund programs that connect residents to health and human services, healing and crisis intervention, and positive social relationships.
- Youth-Focused Education: Providing access to high-quality childcare and education is one of the smartest investments we can make. We fund programs that give parents and children tools for early childhood development and overall school and career readiness.
- Financial Stability: Oshkosh Area United Way supports efforts to create stable, self-sufficient households. We do this by supporting programs that improve skills for gainful employment, reduce transportation barriers, and offer basic needs like food and shelter.
*Other requirements apply – read on for a full list of rules
If approved for funding, allocation distributions will begin in January 2024.
2024 Grant Eligibility
OAUW will consider funding for organizations that:
- Provide programs supporting youth-focused education, mental health, and financial stability.
- Demonstrate their program’s benefit to local residents, whether the service is an independent agency or part of a national group. (See funded zip codes below.)
- Measure and track positive results clients and consumers achieve with the services provided by the agency.
- Nonprofit organizations the IRS recognizes as 501(c)3, or have a similar tax exemption, such as a school district or unit of county or local government.
- Maintain records and monitor the use of United Way funds.
- Are in compliance with anti-terrorist funding in accordance with the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Organizations that welcome diversity in the selection of board and staff and practice non-discrimination in the delivery of services.
- Programs that support residents in at least one of these zip codes: 54901, 54902, 54903, 54904, 54906, 54927, 54963, 54964, 54980, 54985
IMPORTANT: Limited funding is available for organizations offering programs outside of OAUW’s three focus areas identified as priorities in the Oshkosh area.
OAUW will NOT consider funding for:
- Religious organizations if their activities serve only members or promote a particular religion or denomination.
- Lobbying efforts meant to influence legislation.
- Direct support for travel by individuals or groups unless it is a critical component of an eligible program, such as transportation for the elderly and disabled.
- Advertising other than that which makes the public aware of available services.
- Endowment or capital campaigns.
- Athletic associations or teams.
- Fundraising, testimonial events or dinners and related activities like silent auctions, raffles, or telethons.
2024 Application Deadline
The deadline to submit the 2024 application is Friday, June 30, 2023 at 11:55 p.m. We will be unable to accept late submissions.