Picture a community that has hope and opportunity for everyone — where people have financial stability and lead productive lives.
Oshkosh Area United Way knows our area’s economy. We work with individuals, employers, and local government to create a stronger Oshkosh. We make sure everyone has access to basic needs like food, clothing and shelter. Then, we reduce their need for social services, improve their employment prospects and provide steps to a living wage.
Through our efforts, individuals find success, families grow stronger, and our community sees the benefits of a better quality of life.
We fund programs that increase the number of adults and families who:
- Meet basic needs of food and shelter
- Have education or training to maintain employment that offers a family-sustaining wage
- Have high-quality, free or low-cost legal services
- Save for assets like a home or post-secondary education
- Adult learning
- Daycare Services
- Disaster Response
- Emergency Shelter
- Financial Capability
- Food Security
- Housing and Home Ownership
- Legal Aid
- Older Adult Support and Independence
- Reducing Barriers to Employment