United Way Car Sweepstakes Rules
Sponsored by Oshkosh Area United Way (the “Sponsor”), 21 W. New York Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54901
NO DONATION NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. This incentive promotion begins on January 31, 2021, and ends at 4:00 p.m. Central Time on December 31, 2021. Participants must be legal residents of Wisconsin, at least 18 years of age, have provided a current phone number, and possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
2. The winner will receive a 2020 Ford EcoSport donated to the Sponsor by Bergstrom Automotive. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
3. Any Oshkosh Area United Way donor that timely gives a new, undesignated gift of $52 ($1.00 per week), or a previous year donor who timely gives an undesignated minimum gift of $52 that has increased by at least $1 from the previous year, qualifies for one entry in the 2020 Chevy Spark. Entry without donation can also be made by sending a letter with proper postage to Oshkosh Area United Way, Attn: Car Sweepstakes, 21 W. New York Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54901, containing name, age, address and phone number. Only one entry, via mail, per household. Entries void if incomplete or not legible. All submissions become of the property of the Sponsor.
4. The Pledge Form or Entry Letter must be returned to the Sponsor by 4:00 p.m. Central Time on December 31, 2021. Sponsor will not be responsible for companies that fail to submit their employees’ pledge forms or any other lost submissions by this date.
5. The potential winner of the sweepstakes will be drawn (randomly) from all valid entries on or about February 15, 2022. The potential winner is required to provide contact information, proper photo identification, valid driver’s license and verification of compliance with these Rules upon presentation of prize. If the potential winner does not meet these eligibility requirements or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
6. Employees of the Sponsor and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
7. By entering, all participants hereby agree to comply with these Rules, represent that he/she is eligible, consent to the use of his/her name and/or photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants release Sponsor, Bergstrom Automotive, and their employees, directors, officers and agents, parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, fulfillment, publicity and promotion agencies from any and all claims or liability in connection with their participation in this promotion. Entrants agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Bergstrom Automotive and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, officers, directors and employees from responsibility for damages, losses or injuries, including death, personal injury or property damage due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
8. No substitution or transfer of prize or redemption for cash equivalent, except by Sponsor due to unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned, and to award the prize as of that date as provided above.
9. Winners will be required to pay any title transfer costs and other applicable taxes and costs relating to the transactions, including, but not limited to, federal and state income taxes. The value of the car is the sticker price minus $500. The decision to take or forfeit the car must be made within five (5) business days.
10. Participation in this promotion may affect the tax-deductibility of your undesignated gift. You should consult your tax advisor for more detailed information.
11. The name of the prize winner will be announced by April of 2022.
Ensuring the Integrity of the Chevy Spark Car Drawing Entries
Those individuals that qualify for the Chevy Spark are automatically and systematically (not manually) entered into the drawing as their pledges are processed. Participating public sector campaigns do provide individual donor information, which is audited, so public sector qualifiers can be assured they will be included and there is little room for human error. Companies, who do not typically provide individual pledge information, may submit a list of those employees who have qualified. Those names are added to the database of automatic qualifiers. Additionally, those people who submitted an entry outside of the automatic qualification process are also entered into the database. The final list of names is then scrambled by the computer so they are not in alphabetical order and each name is assigned a random number. A person not employed with Sponsor chooses a number from the total assigned field of numbers and the winner of the drawing is the person blindly assigned by the computer to that number.
Although Sponsor cannot publish the list of all those who qualify, if an Employee Campaign Coordinator requests a list of their company qualifiers, Sponsor can provide it prior to the drawing, but after all, pledges received by December 31, 2021 have been posted.