Oshkosh Area United Way (OAUW) is the leader for change. Solving the problems in the Oshkosh area is complex, but OAUW offers a simple solution for busy people looking to make a difference. We do the research to identify the biggest needs by working with Oshkosh leaders, community stakeholders, and local organizations to combine efforts in fundraising and support. We financially support initiatives that promote positive mental health, steps to a living wage, and childhood development – things everyone can support.
Mission Statement: Oshkosh Area United Way improves lives by leveraging people and resources to create innovative solutions to community needs.
Vision Statement: A community where everyone can succeed.
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, assertive, and goal-orientated individual to oversee our investment & impact process, assist with partner campaigns and operations of office environment. The right candidate should be an effective and adaptive communicator, highly organized, and enjoy working independently and within a team. This full-time position will report directly to the President & CEO of Oshkosh Area United Way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all social media channels and create monthly content calendar that focuses on frequency and clarity of messaging
- Utilize graphic design skills to create social media and website graphics, campaign materials (flyers, posters, pledge forms), signage and company presentation visuals
- Support the campaign with creation of themes, impactful messaging, presentation scripts and media talking points
- Create email blasts targeting donors, campaign ECC’s, volunteers and event attendees
- Write press releases and blog posts detailing important updates, events, successes and encouraging advocacy
- Conduct market research to identify trends and out-of-the-box ideas at other United Way agencies that may be effective in Oshkosh
- Develop, plan and execute all events and activities designed to raise funds, educate and increase community awareness including, but not limited to: Campaign Kickoff, TELTalk, Community Celebration, Day of Caring and Golf Outing
- Coordinate scripts, speakers, venues, food and beverage, entertainment, setup, décor, audio-visual and registration pages
- Create marketing and logistical plans for the promotion and execution of each event
- Manage VolunteerOshkosh.org volunteer website
- Cultivate relationships with nonprofit organizations to encourage site involvement and frequent opportunity posting
- Collaborate with local partners to coordinate speaking engagements to promote website and recruit potential volunteers
- Work with company partners to create large-scale volunteer opportunities for their employees
- Plan annual service projects that encourage volunteerism and community engagement
- Manage OAUW website, including maintaining online donation page, creation of custom workplace giving pages, and timely posting of press release and blogs
- Create corporate recognition materials
- Design and write content for corporate sponsorship recap packets
- Assist President & CEO in various campaign material needs from new and existing corporate partners
- Safeguard confidential information used in the performance of duties.
- Perform and coordinate special projects and other duties as assigned by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Preferred experience working in WordPress
- Preferred graphic design experience (Canva)
- Experience with the coordination and planning meetings
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and act independently on projects with minimal supervision; simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to good professional ethics and standards
- Some lifting, travel, early morning and evening meetings required
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust among a variety of individuals and groups.
- Ability to see the vision and big picture of what needs to be done and find opportunities for change that leads to improved results for the community
- Knowledge of what steps or processes are needed to bring people along and create change.
- Ability to research effective models to bring new ideas to community.
- Experience in working with volunteer committees.
- Knowledge of outcomes measurements to report on desired results.
Oshkosh Area United Way is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.