Oshkosh Area United Way (OAUW) is the leader for change. Solving the problems in the Oshkosh area is complex, but OAUW offers a simple solution for busy people looking to make a difference. We do the research to identify the biggest needs by working with Oshkosh leaders, community stakeholders, and local organizations to combine efforts in fundraising and support. We financially support initiatives that promote positive mental health, steps to a living wage, and childhood development – things everyone can support.
Mission Statement: Oshkosh Area United Way improves lives by leveraging people and resources to create innovative solutions to community needs.
Vision Statement: A community where everyone can succeed.
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, assertive, and goal-orientated individual to oversee our investment & impact process, assist with partner campaigns and operations of office environment. The right candidate should be an effective and adaptive communicator, highly organized, and enjoy working independently and within a team. This full-time position will report directly to the President & CEO of Oshkosh Area United Way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure support materials for the impact team process are developed and maintained. This includes the RFP, agency agreements, various forms, reports, and databases, policies, timelines, materials and communications.
- Ensure the volunteer talent is in place for impact team success. Lead the process for recruiting, training and managing the teams.
- Ensure appropriate organizations have knowledge and the information they need to apply or partner with us on our work.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct group trainings, meetings or individual technical assistance sessions for potential or funded partners. Topics include process information, outcome measures or result reporting or other subjects as needed to achieve community Impact goals.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and strategic thinking to make improvements the investment process and ensure it is efficient.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a database of community program information and outcomes for funded partner programs. Be knowledgeable to assist in establishing appropriate outcome measurements that will show program success.
- When new issues arise or no group takes the lead, help determine if United Way has the capacity to get involved. Ensure United Way’s community impact message is mainstreamed into marketing and the organization’s communication.
- Utilize shared systems and policies for maintaining data, documents, volunteer information, communications and calendars.
- Manage and input data for dashboard results that include things like volunteer hours, media coverage, event attendance, or in kind donations and common outcomes.
- Attend staff or committee meetings to coordinate understanding or enhance the development and implementation of a successful organization.
- Be open to change and involved in the strategic thinking, such as planning, lean, or sustainable project evaluation.
- Support marketing and social media efforts to spotlight Impact.
- Identify individual donors and community leaders that qualify for United Way affinity groups: Retirees, Emerging Leaders, Tocqueville
- Develop affinity groups by creating committees, events, and outreach initiatives to share the OAUW mission
- Research to support fund development (grants, foundations and company profiles)
- Write and submit grants for fund development, partnering with accounting and database manager for grant requirements
- Safeguard confidential information used in the performance of duties.
- Perform and coordinate special projects and other duties as assigned by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with the coordination and planning meetings
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and act independently on projects with minimal supervision; simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to good professional ethics and standards
- Some lifting, travel, early morning and evening meetings required
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust among a variety of individuals and groups.
- Ability to see the vision and big picture of what needs to be done and find opportunities for change that leads to improved results for the community
- Knowledge of what steps or processes are needed to bring people along and create change.
- Ability to research effective models to bring new ideas to community.
- Experience in working with volunteer committees.
- Knowledge of outcomes measurements to report on desired results.
Oshkosh Area United Way is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.