Hosting A Virtual Campaign
Tips for a successful virtual campaign
- Set campaign dates. Take time to create strategic messaging and build your online donation page.
- Form a campaign crew to send information across each department or team. A good ratio is one campaign team member for every 25 employees.
- Set a goal that your team can rally behind.
- Use key points for company-wide messaging (announcement of the campaign, launch day, mid-campaign, final push, thank you, etc.)
- Use your messaging to launch the campaign. Try video messages from your company’s leadership to encourage donating.
- Send messaging throughout the campaign across the company.
- Run team challenges to encourage participation.
- Use team leads to keep the campaign top of mind on conference calls or emails. Conduct meetings with team leads to discuss strategies and needs for their team.
MAKE IT S.O.C.I.A.L.
- S – Short & Sweet: Virtual campaigns are best kept under two weeks. The longer the campaign, the less momentum.
- O – Overall Goals: Make your goals clear: dollars raised, number of participants, average donation, volunteer hours, and more.
- C – Communicate: A picture is worth a thousand words! Use photos or videos in your storytelling. This shows employees United Way’s mission.
- I – Impact: Use examples of the impact their donation makes in Oshkosh.
- A – Accelerate Success with Games: Prizes, trivia, and raffles are a great way to keep employees engaged. Consider individual prizes for those who reach their personal goal and for teams/departments who meet their goals.
- L – Live Updates: Celebrate your wins as they come! Keep up the momentum by celebrating wins and keeping the campaign at the top of all company messages.
- Send all payroll deduction information to your HR or payroll department.
- Consider a thank-you note to the whole company and/or employee donors.
- Thank your campaign team.
- Celebrate your results and set a goal for next year.
How does my company start a Virtual Campaign?
Interested in starting a United Way virtual campaign at your workplace? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Campaign toolkit materials are available for download, below!