To inspire community-wide collaboration to address the greatest needs in the area. United Way envisions a community where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
Oshkosh Area United Way improves lives by leveraging people and resources to create innovative solutions to community needs.
Oshkosh Area United Way (OAUW), a local nonprofit organization, was established in 1962 when the Chamber of Commerce, organized labor, and other community leaders came together to explore the benefits of a community-wide fundraising campaign.
More than five decades later, OAUW has evolved from those roots as a fundraising organization to a community convener which mobilizes local partners including businesses, community leaders, public officials, and residents to identify issues and solve problems.
Our focus is to fund programs that support three key building blocks:
- Education and development on a cradle-to-career continuum
- Reducing barriers to employment and advancement and lessening financial stress
- Achieving and maintaining good mental and physical health
What Does United Way Do?
- Oshkosh Area United Way is a charitable nonprofit that works closely with community leaders to identify the biggest needs of the Oshkosh area.
- We offer grant opportunities to programs that address these identified issues to improve the quality of life for everyone.
- 99% of the money that is donated here stays here. As a result, United Way impacts 1 in 3 people through funded programs.
- We believe in making our community stronger. By working together on critical issues, we take steps to improve our community where we work, live and raise a family.
- Oshkosh Area United Way is committed to creating the opportunity for every person to thrive.
Why United Way?
We tackle root causes - United Way takes on the huge, tough, complex issues that no single organization can solve alone. Your financial gift drives partnerships and programs that get to the root causes of our biggest problems. By giving through United Way, you are choosing to support the greatest need in the Oshkosh area.
United Way is trustworthy - We closely monitor the organizations that receive your donations, ensuring they are fiscally responsible and deliver results. You can trust us to stretch your dollar for the biggest impact.
United Way is local - Contributions stay in our community. Your donations help many grassroots, small nonprofits who understand our local needs. United Way provides them with managing expertise and connects them to the broader nonprofit community. With United Way's grants, our local nonprofit partners can focus more on shared work and less on fundraising. Together we can accomplish more than anyone can alone or through a single charity.
Oshkosh Area United Way
21 W. New York Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-5259
Organization Number: 53310
Information and Referral Phone Number 2-1-1 (or 1-800-924-5514)