Day of Caring
160 VOLUNTEERS. 26 PROJECTS. 22 COMPANIES. 1 AMAZING DAY.
Taking one to build a stronger Oshkosh Area. Together.
Thank you for joining us on May 4, 2022, for the largest, single-day volunteer effort in our community! More than 160 volunteers from over 22 businesses and organizations performed 26 community service projects at 21 organizations during United Way’s 25th Annual Day of Caring, presented by Amcor and supported by SNC.
The day opened with breakfast at the Best Western Convention Center where Kim Wetzel of presenting sponsor Amcor, Jon Doemel, Winnebago County Executive, Mark Rohloff, Oshkosh City Manager, Chelsea Stindt, OAUW Emerging Leaders Co-Chair, Brenda Haines, OAUW Campaign Co-Chair, and Amy Sitter, Chair of the OAUW Board of Directors, welcomed volunteers.
Photos by Michael Cooney
- Developing a drivers safety training curriculum for the staff and Covey
- Bagging, labeling, and barcoding new books at Carl Traeger Elementary School
- Spring cleaning and visiting with residents at the Miravida Living campus
- Building new shelving and landscaping at Omro Area Community Center
- Sprucing up the landscaping and raised beds at Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services
- Sorting t-shirts for the upcoming 5K for NAMI Oshkosh
- Designing and coloring custom birthday cards for volunteers at the Oshkosh Area Food Pantry
We would also like to thank volunteers, sponsors, project managers, and community partners for your time, talent, and resources.
Visit VolunteerOshkosh.org for year-round volunteer opportunities and make an impact on our community today.