Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund
Together, Oshkosh Area United Way and the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation have launched an emergency financial response, the Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund.
The Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund provides flexible resources to 501(c)(3) organizations in the Oshkosh community who are experiencing higher demand due to COVID-19. Oshkosh Area United Way and the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation donated the initial funding.
Please consider an online donation of $25.00 or more today. Your donation helps our community prevent financial hardship due to COVID-19. All donations to the Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund help residents in our community. OAUW and OACF will cover administrative and transaction fees associated with donations to this fund.
- Online via credit card HERE. Online donations go through Oshkosh Area Community Foundation’s secure donation portal.
- By check written to Oshkosh Area United Way. Mail donations to:
Oshkosh Area United Way
ATTN: COVID 19 Relief Fund Donation
21 W. New York Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- By check written to Oshkosh Area Community Foundation. Mail donations to:
Oshkosh Area Community Foundation
ATTN: COVID 19 Relief Fund Donation
230 Ohio Street, Suite 100
Oshkosh, WI 54902
Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to donate. Can I restrict my funding to a prioritized grantee? To move resources as efficiently as possible and respond to those most impacted, we are not restricting donations at this time. The collaborative Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund is meant to provide a coordinated response to immediate needs in the Oshkosh community.
- Can I write my check to either organization? Yes. Donation checks may be made out to either Oshkosh Area United Way or the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation. Funds donated to either entity will go to one Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund for the community.
- I am an individual who has been affected by COVID-19. Can this fund help me? We understand many individuals and families have been impacted by the outbreak, with more to be come. The Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund will provide resources to 501(c)(3) organizations in the Oshkosh area that support local residents and families. While the fund is not available to individuals, it supports local nonprofit organizations that provide local service and support. If you need aid finding food, paying bills, accessing childcare, or other essential services, please call 2-1-1.
The Community Foundation and United Way, working with other nonprofit groups, offers grants from the fund in phases to address immediate needs and short-term and longer-term impacts of the outbreak.
During Phase One, priority will go to nonprofits that assist individuals feeling the impacts of COVID-19. Such assistance may include food and hygiene supplies, housing, childcare, or health services. All grants in Phase One relate to increased demand due to COVID-19. The first priority is emergency relief and support. We will consider more requests with time as funds become available.
Phase One includes identifying grant recipients and using input and research from groups and others in the community to make grant decisions. In order to move resources quickly and relieve nonprofit organizations, there will not be a formal application process for Phase One. Agencies providing immediate basic needs may email Candice Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be considered during the grant process.
Resources For Nonprofits
NPlace is a free resource helping nonprofits connect with peers, experts, and volunteers to answer questions across all topics, from human resources to technology. To help nonprofits navigate the current crisis and connect with each other, they have a group specific to the COVID-19 Response.
IT Forward has launched several free resources to help nonprofits answer tech questions and quickly remote-enable their workforce through the crisis.
The Nonprofit Quarterly article “How Nonprofits Can Utilize the New Federal Laws Dealing with COVID-19” shares insights about how nonprofits might utilize the new federal legislation relating to COVID-19 to advance their missions.
For questions about the COVID-19 Relief Fund, contact Amy Putzer at email@example.com.
For general COVID-19 questions, call 2-1-1. Direct any questions regarding COVID-19 to the Winnebago County Health Department’s COVID-19 hotline at 920.232.3026.