Oshkosh Area United Way Car Sweepstakes Official Rules for 2016 Campaign (“Rules”)
Sponsored by Oshkosh Area United Way (the Sponsor), 36 Broad Street, Suite 100, Oshkosh WI 54901. NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR DONATION IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES
1. This incentive promotion entry period begins on April 1, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time and ends at 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on December 30, 2016. Participants must be legal residents of Wisconsin, at least 18 years of age at the time of entry, and possess a valid driver’s license.
2. Five finalists will have a chance to be the winner of the 2016 Jeep Patriot donated to Oshkosh Area United Way.
Prize A: 2016 Jeep Patriot, MSRP: $21,315.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. One way to qualify, an Oshkosh Area United Way prior year donor may increase his/her total 2016 Campaign undesignated gift (minimum of $52). This will automatically enter the donor for a chance to win prize A. Another way to qualify, a new, Oshkosh Area United Way donor undesignated gift of $52 or more. This will automatically enter the donor for a chance to win prize A. Entry without donation can also be made by the individual sending an Entry Letter on 4” x 6” paper to Oshkosh Area United Way, Attn: Drawing, 36 Broad St., Suite 100, Oshkosh, WI 54901, containing name, address, age, phone number. One entry per envelope. Entries void if incomplete or not legible. This will automatically enter the sender for a chance to win prize A. The Pledge Form or Entry Letter must be returned to Oshkosh Area United Way by 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on December 30, 2016. Oshkosh Area United Way will not be responsible for companies that fail to submit their employees’ pledge forms by this date. Only one entry, automatic or otherwise, per person. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor.
3. Five finalists (potential winners) will be drawn (randomly) for the sweepstakes, from all valid entries on or about January 15, 2017. The finalists will be notified and finalists (or an immediate family member) will be invited to attend the Car Giveaway at the Community Celebration on February 20, 2017. From the five finalists, each will randomly select a container of which the winner will be announced as the holder of the container that denotes “car winner”. The potential winner is required to provide proper photo identification, valid driver’s license and verification of compliance with these rules upon presentation of prize. If the potential winner does not meet these eligibility requirements or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected.
4. Employees of Oshkosh Area United Way and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
5. By entering, all participants hereby agree to comply with these Rules, represent that he/she is eligible, and give consent to the use of his/her name and/or photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants release Oshkosh Area United Way and Bergstrom Automotive, and their employees, directors, officers and agents, parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, fulfillment, publicity and promotion agencies from any and all claims or liability in connection with their participation in this promotion. Entrants agree to hold harmless Oshkosh Area United Way, Bergstrom Automotive, and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, officers, directors and employees from responsibility for damages, losses or injuries, including death, personal injury or property damage, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
6. No substitution or transfer of prize or redemption for cash equivalent, except by Oshkosh Area United Way due to unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. Oshkosh Area United Way reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned, and to award the prizes as of that date as provided above.
7. Automobile winner may be required to pay any title transfer costs and other applicable taxes and costs relating to the transactions, including, but not limited to, federal and state income taxes. The sponsor will provide the winner with a W-2G.
8. Participation in this promotion may affect the tax deductibility of your undesignated gift. You should consult your tax advisor for more detailed information.
9. The official rules will be posted at http://www.oshkoshunitedway.org/sweepstakes throughout the entry period and the name of the five finalists will be available on February 1, 2017 at http://www.uoshkoshunitedway.org/sweepstakes. Finalists must accept terms and conditions of the prize within five days of notification. Notification will take place via phone call, email and/or certified letter. Sponsor is not responsible if a prize notification is not received for any reason. The decision to take or forfeit ownership of the car must be made within 5 business days.
Sponsored by Oshkosh Area United Way, 36 Broad St., Suite 100 Oshkosh, WI 54901. NO DONATION NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Ensuring the Integrity of the Sweepstakes Those individuals that qualify for the car are automatically and systematically (not manually) entered into the drawing as their pledges are processed. Participating public sector campaigns do provide individual donor information, which is audited, so public sector qualifiers can be assured they will be included and there is little room for human error. Companies, who do not typically provide individual pledge information or their corporate headquarters does not submit pledges within this timeframe, may submit a list of those employees who have qualified. Those names are added to the data base of automatic qualifiers. Additionally, those people who submitted an entry outside of the automatic qualification process are also entered into the data base.
The final list of names is then scrambled by the computer so they are not in alphabetical order and each name is assigned a random number. A person not employed with Sponsor chooses five numbers from the total assigned field of numbers and the potential winner of the drawing is the person blindly assigned by the computer to that number. Although Sponsor cannot publish the list of all those who qualify, if an Employee Campaign Manager requests a list of their company qualifiers, the Sponsor can provide it prior to the drawing, but after all pledges received by December 30, 2016 have been audited and processed.
Please call 920-235-8560 for more information.